Advertisement

How Addictions Happen and A Healthy Natural Goal Originally Published 29 March 2019

How Addictions Happen and A Healthy Natural Goal   Originally Published 29 March 2019 Visit me at
This is a simple way to understand addiction and artificial stimulation. I want to present more videos on this topic and also on codependency, which is related. I am re-publishing this video because I've been trying to figure out the best way to offer help to those Catholics who can see that there are major problems in the Church and who are understandably and rightfully upset about it all. Part of the help that I can offer relates to various recovery tools or skills that I have learnt by dealing with my own codependency. At least by analogy, addiction and codependency can help us understand many of the problems relating to shame and the rampant cover up of various sins and crimes in the Church. While in this video I do not make the connections, I think that this video might help as a beginning so that I can reference this video as we go forward in future videos. Recovery involves a commitment to rigorous honesty and deliberately talking about those things that most people involved want us to not talk about. Taking personal responsibility for one's own wrongdoings, and also holding others accountable for their wrongdoings (by not taking another person's guilt and responsibility on ourselves), is also key to 12 Step recoveries. I hope this and subsequent videos will help at least some viewers. God bless. Fr. Anthony Hannon.

Addiction,Codependency,Artificial Stimulation,Catholic Priest,

Post a Comment

0 Comments