Advertisement

Word Study on Fear the LORD | Don't Be Afraid - From Ancient Insight

Word Study on Fear the LORD | Don't Be Afraid - From Ancient Insight My websites are: and
There is a list of books (some I've discussed) that might interest you on my Amazon page (any purchases made through the link will help support the channel):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VIDEO DESCRIPTION & LINKS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was linking to this video in an article I wrote [What Does The Bible Mean When It Says Fear the LORD (YHWH)? ] and I saw that the video disappeared from Ancient Insight's YouTube channel [ I don't know why his videos are gone, but I thought this was important, and I was linking to it, so I put it up here.

There are many verses in the bible that seem to suggest we should have a fear of YHWH. Notice that they’re always in a positive light.



Proverbs 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: 6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. 7 The fear of YHWH is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.



There are many more verses that say we are to “fear not.” So many that some might even say it’s a contradiction to tell us to not be afraid but, at the same time, to be afraid of YHWH. However the word for fear does not have the same connotation in Hebrew as it does in English.

fear of the lord,fear of YHWH,fear God,fear,afraid,fear not,bible,hebrew,ancient,definition,what does it mean,

Post a Comment

0 Comments