Advertisement

WATCH: Elijah Cummings’ daughter says he taught her the ‘beauty’ and ‘brilliance’ of blackness

WATCH: Elijah Cummings’ daughter says he taught her the ‘beauty’ and ‘brilliance’ of blackness Rep. Elijah Cummings’ daughter Jennifer honored her father at his funeral on Oct. 25 in Baltimore by remembering how he taught her “the dual power of my beauty and my brilliance.” “Dad wanted me to understand and appreciate my blackness and truly feel that my rich brown skin was just as beautiful as alabaster or any shade of the rainbow,” Cummings said. “Thank you, dad, for also teaching me to be bold, to be confident and to stand in my power,” she added. Jennifer Cummings said that of all the political and leadership positions Elijah took on throughout his life, “perhaps the most important title you held in the 68 years in earth was 'Dad.'”

Stream your PBS favorites with the PBS app:
Find more from PBS NewsHour at
Subscribe to our YouTube channel:

Follow us:
Facebook:
Twitter:
Instagram:
Snapchat: @pbsnews

Subscribe:
PBS NewsHour podcasts:
Newsletters:

Elijah Cummings,funeral,Jennifer Cummings,Cummings,blackness,black,African american,race,PBS newshour,PBS,

Post a Comment

0 Comments