Advertisement

A once a year photo opportunity

A once a year photo opportunity If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again….

Some moments in landscape photography only come once in a lifetime, but some also come once a year; in particular, sunrise or sunset in a certain location. At the well-known church of Saint Thomas view in Slovenia there is a one-week window of opportunity once a year when the sun is the furthest north it can go. At this time, the sun rises over the mountains behind at the closest point it will ever get to the church, and it is the only time you can get the two in one photo.

However, you might think that all you need to do is just turn up during that week and shoot away. Well, the problem is that you need a clear view of the mountains and no clouds over the mountaintops. After a failed attempt the year before when Mother Nature slapped me in the face right as the sun peaked over the mountains, I tried again this year. Follow me in this video as I get up for two days in a row at 3.30am to try and capture this moment. I show you how I turn a bad morning to my advantage, and ultimately how persistence finally pays off.

To learn how to get there, read my blog:

Follow me:
Website:
Workshops:
Photography Blog:
Travel Blog:
Facebook Page:
Instagram:

Buy my book, A Practical Guide to Photography here:
Buy prints:

Intro theme music made exclusively for me by Move Free Media/Adam Lopez. Check out his website for examples of his work and contact him to get your own:

Other music:
The Epical by Nazar Rybak
Victory Salvation by Nazar Rybak

Digital photography,photography vlog,church of saint Thomas,sunrise photography,things to do in Slovenia,slovenia photography,slovenia (country),tourism (interest),travelling slovenia,slovenia holiday,travel Slovenia,

Post a Comment

0 Comments